Find out what we are doing in preparation for this year’s provincial budget. Thanks to your input on our recent survey, we are well equipped to advocate for your top priorities.
Thank you for your input on our most recent survey; we will be including your responses in our submission as we highlight the need for government to view policy through a small business lens.
The theme for this year’s budget is finding a path to balance. According to the province’s online budget consultation, this involves creating a plan to reduce spending and the deficit. In our most recent survey, results show that 4/5 Alberta business owners want the budget balanced faster than the government's commitment of 2023.
Our provincial 2018 budget submission includes the following:
- Alberta’s economic outlook and business climate;
- Small business priorities for budget 2018 (balancing the budget);
- Impacts of costly policies (carbon tax, minimum wage, labour law changes)
- Mitigating options to offset the burden (lower small business corporate tax);
- How the province can promote a small business friendly environment (reducing red tape);
- And many other recommendations.
We have also met with the Finance Minister to discuss your priorities during the pre-budget consultation. We shared our most recent survey data, as well as providing our recommendations for a small business-friendly province. Please continue to share your perspective with our business resource department as it provides valuable insights and context.