The Nova Scotia budget was recently passed in the Legislature.
Government addressed two key asks from CFIB: raising the basic personal exemption (BPE) and raising the Small Business Tax Threshold (SBTT).
- Increasing the SBTT from $350,000 to $500,000
- Increasing the BPE by up to $3,000 for those earning less than $75,000
- Setting a $25 million target for red tape reduction
- Balancing the budget
- Continued escalation in the cost of government
- No progress on aligning public sector wages and benefits to private sector levels
- No action on the Small Business Dividend Tax Credit
While CFIB gives the 2017-18 provincial budget a grade of “B”, this budget fails to address fundamental issues around the overall growth of government spending.
Tell us what you think! What do you want to see the Nova Scotia government address in the 2018/2019 budget?
Call us at 1-888-234-2232 or email [email protected]