The Ontario College of Trades began accepting members as of April 8th, 2013.
For more information on classes of membership and associated fees, please see its website.
The College of Trades has a legal requirement to maintain a Public Register and has requested the following information from apprentices and journeypersons as of April 8, 2013:
- the member's name
- type of membership (i.e. Statement of Membership or Certificate of Qualification).
- all trades and classes associated with an individual's membership.
- any terms, conditions or limitation imposed on the member's Certificate of Qualification or Statement of Membership.
- any cancelling, revocation or suspension of a member's Certificate of Qualification or Statement of Membership and/or
- additional information as prescribed in by-laws.
All members of the College will be listed on the Public Register, with the exception of registered apprentices in the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program.
Certified barbers will not be required to pay Ontario College of Trades fees and the college of trades enforcement officers have not and will not be issuing any tickets.
Still have questions? Contact a CFIB Business Counsellor at 888 234-2232 or at [email protected].
Not a member of CFIB yet? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.