Every month we release something called the Business Barometer®which looks at the optimism of business owners in Canada for the next 12 months. There are provincial results each month, as well as sectoral – including Agriculture. Media, politicians, civil servants and Canadians can find out the following about agri-business in Canada each month:
- Optimism for the coming year
- Employment plans
- Financing availability
- Major cost concerns
- Major business constraints
We’re pushing hard for governments to address the key issues that will help fuel your confidence in the agriculture sector for the future, such as:
- Lowering the total tax burden
- Easing the burden of government red tape
- Making business risk management programs work when producers need them
- And so much more!
Interested in regular updates to the Agriculture Barometer? Send an email to [email protected].