You identified five key areas the Manitoba government needs to focus on in order to improve the climate for small business. You’ll see some progress has been made over the past year, but there is much work left to be done.
Accomplishments so far include:
- Indexed the Basic Personal Exemption and Person Income Tax Brackets;
- Legislated regulatory accountability;
- Implemented Pooled Retirement Pension Plan legislation;
- Signed a new agreement on internal trade (Canadian Free Trade Agreement );
- Reinstated secret ballot voting for union certification; and
- Passes balanced budget and taxpayer referendum legislation.
We're not done yet! Small business priorities that still stand include:
We will continue to do what we have done for the past 46 years: commend good policy and criticize bad policy to help improve Manitoba’s small business climate.