On June 7, 2018, the people of Ontario elected the Progressive Conservative party to a majority government.
Check out what the parties had to say about their commitments to small business during the campaign, and what CFIB will be looking for from the new government.
PARTY LEADERS SURVEY
All parties responded to CFIB's 2018 party leaders survey on the election topics that mattered most to you. Click on the questions at the bottom of this page to view and compare their answers or, see each party's individual response:
SMALL BUSINESS PLATFORM
It’s not enough that parties just recognize small business as Ontario’s economic engine: their words have to be backed up by action.
On behalf of our 42,000 members, CFIB’s small business platform, Turning Small Business Talk into Action, makes 46 recommendations to the new government including:
- Delivering a clear plan to balance the budget and reduce Ontario’s ballooning debt.
- Eliminating time-of-use (Smart Meter) electricity pricing for small businesses.
- Reducing the small business tax rate from 3.5 per cent to 0 per cent.
- Reversing the decision to parallel the federal tax measures on income-splitting and passive investment income.
- Introducing a full course, mandatory financial literacy course into the high school curriculum.
Read our full platform: Turning Small Business Talk into Action.