Affordable, predictable and stable hydro costs are a key component for keeping your business competitive.
We have continued to push the government to address the core issues facing our energy sector and to better align energy policies with the realities of running a small business in Ontario.
CFIB is calling on the government to:
- Eliminate time-of-use (Smart Meter) rates for small businesses and implement a lower cost rate system on the first 3,000 kilowatt hours of electricity consumed per month
- Keep their campaign commitment to reduce hydro rates for residents, small business owners and farmers by 12 per cent
- Require the Global Adjustment fee to be visible and explained on all bills
- Better manage the supply and demand of energy
- Consult on a new Long-Term Energy Plan (LTEP) for the province
Winter Time-of-Use Rates (November-April)
|7:00AM||11:00AM||13.2 cents/kWh (on-peak)|
|11:00AM||5:00PM||9.4 cents/kWh (mid-peak)|
|5:00PM||7:00PM||13.2 cents/kWh (on-peak)|
|7:00PM||7:00AM||6.5 cents/kWh (off-peak)|
If your business has an electricity demand of 50 kilowatts or less and your annual consumption is less than 250,000 kWh or you operate a farming business, you have been eligible to receive an eight per cent HST rebate on your hydro bill since January 1, 2017.
If you are eligible for the rebate, the savings should appear at the bottom of your bill.