Many of you have to deal with the unprecedented worker shortage Québec’s businesses – and those across Canada - are going through. We are doing everything we can to ensure that governments understand the seriousness of the situation and we are pushing them to provide you with tangible short-, medium- and long-term support.
A big win by CFIB: concrete actions by the government!
The provincial government has introduced three initiatives that will alleviate the stress of the labour shortage!
- Announcement of a huge government push to offer support in human resources management, recruitment and automation.
- Review of the immigration selection grid to better align the profile of newcomers with jobs available in businesses.
- Investments to promote technical and vocational training.
We are recommending a four-pronged solution
We are at the forefront of getting your message across loud and clear to decision makers!
We have presented to Parliamentary committees, pre-budget consultations, the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail, Comité des intervenants économiques du ministère de l’immigration, the Comité de suivi du Rendez-Vous national sur la main-d’œuvre, etc.!
Also, in the media, we consistently call for tangible government actions to help you cope with the employee shortage. Here is a list of some of our initiatives:
- Montreal Gazette, “Business group calls on Legault government to address labour shortage”
- Le Soleil, “La FCEI a mis cartes sur table avec Éric Girard” (In French: CFIB laid the cards on the table with Eric Girard)
- La Presse+, “La pénurie de main-d’œuvre frappe plus fort au Québec” (In French: Labour shortage hits Quebec the hardest)
- An op-ed in La Presse+ on October 2, 2018, the day after the elections (in French).
- An interview at LCN on October 2, 2018, the day after the elections (in French).
- Special issue of Les Affaires on labour shortage (in French).
Any questions? Your CFIB counsellor is waiting for your call!