After consulting last year, the Yukon government has laid down how private retailing of cannabis will happen. Here are some key points
- Two types of retail licences
- a stand-alone cannabis retail store model; and
- a store-within-a-store retail model.
- Cannot sell cannabis on premises that sell either alcohol or tobacco. Municipal governments can alter this restriction by bylaw.
- The maximum hours allowed by a licence that authorizes cannabis retail sales are 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. These hours can be further restricted by a municipal government.
- Read more: https://yukon.ca/news/regulation-private-cannabis-retail-licensing-announced
Yukon government and Yukon Teachers’ Association strike deal
Over the three year agreement, the 900 employees in the territory’s school board will see a 6.7 per cent salary increase. The employees will also see some benefits improve, such as updates to maternal and parental leave. The deal also brings substitute teachers into the union. Read more: https://vancouversun.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/yukon-teachers-get-wage-hikes-benefit-improvements-in-new-contract/wcm/56f869e9-013e-491e-af4a-ae4037f30ec9