After years of debate and discussion, the federal government has officially legalized cannabis, effective October 17, 2018.
There is no question that this will have an impact on the workplace. Your business could be affected in many ways, no matter what sector you work in or how many employees you have.
These resources will help you understand and cope with legalization, and if you have any questions, our counsellors are just one call away.
If you’re not ready for legal cannabis, it could cost your business precious time and money!
We have partnered with Fasken, a leading Canadian law firm, to help you prepare for the confusing regulatory burden you now face. In this free webinar, you will:
• Hear what legalization means for private businesses like yours
• Learn how to talk to your employees about cannabis
• Discuss the importance of a drug-and-alcohol policy
Legalization might seriously affect your business and only this webinar will help you understand and deal with the new regulations.
Even when you’ve understood the regulations and created your policies, there’s another important step: enforcing them.
That’s where this course from Vubiz comes in. The course, developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety, is free for CFIB members!
With this course, you and your employees will:
- Get tips and tricks on recognizing and dealing with impairment
- Learn how to properly apply policies and procedures
- Prepare yourself and your business for this new legal landscape, including potential human rights issues
Not a CFIB member? Join now to access Vubiz’s courses and certificate programs and other exclusive savings!
A solid drug-and-alcohol policy is one of the best tools for employers to cope with issues of intoxication. Implementing a policy clears up any uncertainty about your business’ standards of performance, attendance and security.
Fasken, a leading Canadian law firm, has created this free policy template that you can adapt with help from your lawyer. Starting with this template can save you thousands of dollars in legal fees, so download it now and start preparing your business!
There are many other informative resources available to help you understand the new legal reality. Here are a few our Counsellors recommend:
- Legalizing marijuana properly – and cautiously
- Drug testing and the legalization of marijuana in the workplace: where do we stand?
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction: A Review of Workplace Substance Use Policies in Canada
- CRHA: How to Adapt the Workplace to the Legalization of Cannabis
- CFIB op-ed: Governments need to help small businesses prepare for legalization
- Working through the haze: Governments need to help small businesses prepare for legalization
- Joint effort: How entrepreneurs can help the government regulate marijuana