Skip to main content

COVID-19 FAQ: Financial Support

Helping you get the support you need

The pandemic has wreaked havoc on small businesses, leaving many of you to look for financial support. Here, you’ll find more information about government aid programs, so you can get the help you need.

Most recent update: 

CRA has extended the operational hours of the Business Enquiries line (1-800-959-5525). Agents are now available 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm Saturday, local time.

If you missed the application deadline because of CRA or made a mistake in your application (giving you a lower CEWS/CERS amount), you can now amend or submit a late application within 30 days from the later of April 21, 2021, or the applicable filing deadline. This includes errors or mistakes with your application for CEWS periods 1-5. To find out if this applies to you call the CRA Business Enquiries line.

What is CFIB advocating for?

What we have achieved

Thanks to our members’ feedback, we have successfully pushed for the government’s aid to be expanded and extended, especially CEWS, CERS and CEBA. Find out more about our many victories for small business.

What we’re pushing for

The federal financial supports have improved, but there are still many gaps in the relief they provide. Here’s what we’re still pushing government to do to provide more and better support.

How you can help

We’ve pushed the government to make some progress, but we're still fighting for better relief measures. Add your voice today.


Don’t see the information you need? Talk to an expert – it's FREE

CFIB members get one-on-one advice from our business counsellors, exclusive access to helpful webinars, weekly email updates, and a voice in the support measures we push for from the government.

CFIB members: Get in touch today.

Not a CFIB member? We want to support you during this crisis. With a FREE temporary CFIB membership, you can access the same benefits and supports as a CFIB member.

Visit our COVID-19 Help Centre

Our primary concern at CFIB is making sure you have the support you need to get through this uncertain and challenging time. We provide you with expert advice and ensure that you have all of the latest information on government announcements and available support.