The people have spoken: the Coalition avenir Quebec will form the next government. Like we always have, we will continue working with all MNAs to bring your concerns to them and show them how important it is to consider the realities of running a business.
We sought firm commitments for you
At the beginning of the campaign, we met with the leaders of the four main parties with the goal of presenting and explaining your priorities. We personally delivered more than 3,700 letters signed by our members asking the leaders for a solid commitment to your business.
We asked party leaders to commit to:
- Maintaining and accelerating both the tax rate reduction (from 8% to 4%) already announced by the government and the Health Services Fund (HSF) rate reduction (from 2.70% to 1.65%)
- Reducing regulatory costs for businesses by 20% over the next four years and allowing small businesses that clock fewer than 5,500 working hours to benefit from the small business tax rate, as they used to do
- Taking necessary steps so that small businesses in every sector have access to the labour they need
- Eliminating red tape and obsolete regulations like the Act respecting collective agreement decrees
- Not raising the minimum wage to $15/hr
Do you have questions or concerns after the election? Contact your CFIB counsellor!