WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!
Fix the federal carbon tax before Newfoundland & Labrador gets hit!
The federal carbon tax is FAILING small- and medium-sized business. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED before it is imposed in Newfoundland & Labrador.
CFIB estimates that $22 billion will have been collected by 2023 in provinces where the federal carbon tax was imposed.
- No program exists.
- No tax is being returned.
Costs continue to go up, we NEED our money back!
Fuel and energy are the top cost constraints causing difficulties for small- and medium-sized business. Inflation continues to add pressure across the ledger.
With Newfoundland and Labrador business still holding an average of $95,313 in pandemic debt, the federal carbon tax collected needs to be returned and made available in a timely way to Newfoundland and Labrador businesses.
- Ottawa can’t keep this tax.
- Businesses need it to invest in their own carbon reduction initiatives.
SIGN THE PETITION
Minister Steven Guilbeault and
Premier Andrew Furey
I should not be expected to pay into an unequal system that provides households with more than they pay in a carbon tax, while my business is left waiting to receive its promised share.
Ottawa can’t keep this tax.
It needs to return it to Newfoundland & Labrador small- and medium-sized business owners in a timely manner, through programs or by reducing other taxes paid by businesses.
All I’m asking is that the Canadian and Newfoundland & Labrador Governments work together and make sure the new Carbon Tax is fair for my business by being revenue neutral like it is for households.
- Fix the federal carbon tax backstop before it is introduced in Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Make sure my business receives just as much in rebates as it pays in Carbon Tax.
- Freeze the planned carbon backstop increases and temporarily reduce the federal fuel excise tax to provide some relief from inflationary pressures.