WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!
Fix the federal carbon tax before PEI gets hit!
The federal carbon tax is FAILING small- and medium-sized business. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED before it is imposed in PEI.
CFIB estimates that $22 billion will have been collected by 2023 in provinces where the federal carbon tax was imposed.
- No program exists.
- No tax is being returned.
Costs continue to go up, we NEED our money back!
Fuel and energy are the top cost constraints causing difficulties for small- and medium-sized business. Inflation continues to add pressure across the ledger.
With PEI business still holding an average of $102,265 in pandemic debt, the federal carbon tax collected needs to be returned and made available in a timely way to PEI businesses.
- Ottawa can’t keep this tax.
- Businesses need it to invest in their own carbon reduction initiatives.
SIGN THE PETITION
Minister Steven Guilbeault and
Premier Dennis King
I should not be expected to pay into an unequal system that provides households with more than they pay in a carbon tax, while my business is left waiting to receive its promised share.
Ottawa can’t keep this tax.
It needs to return it to PEI small- and medium-sized business owners in a timely manner, through programs or by reducing other taxes paid by businesses.
All I’m asking is that the Canadian and PEI Governments work together and make sure the new Carbon Tax is fair for my business by being revenue neutral like it is for households.
- Fix the federal carbon tax backstop before it is introduced in PEI.
- Make sure my business receives just as much in rebates as it pays in Carbon Tax.
- Freeze the planned carbon backstop increases and temporarily reduce the federal fuel excise tax to provide some relief from inflationary pressures.