Skip to main content

Affected by flooding? Manitoba Finance can help with tax deadlines

Businesses and farmers directly impacted by flooding that are unable to file their retail sales tax or other provincial tax returns by the required due date can request a waiver of the interest and penalty resulting from the late return.

Requests must be in writing and include the following information: the business name, account number, return(s) the request is for, the affected business location, and a description of the circumstances that prevented them from filing their return on time. Requests should be mailed or emailed to the Manitoba Taxation Division and marked as a flood related request.

For more information, read Notice RST 13-07.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) also provides flexibility for businesses affected by flooding, including small businesses and self-employed persons. These taxpayers will be eligible to seek relief from penalties and interest that arise from missing tax reporting and payment deadlines.

Not a member of CFIB yet? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.