When your business faces a worker’s compensation claim, things may not go as smooth as you would like.
In order to help alleviate some of the frustration and confusion, WorksafeNB has implemented a new service called the Issues Resolution Office (IRO). The IRO office is there to help with claim-related decisions and to investigate service-related claims.
How can the IRO help your business?
- If you disagree with a claim-related decision you can request a review by the IRO.
- If you want to file a complaint about service you have received at WorksafeNB you can do so through the IRO.
- The IRO automatically reviews all worker compensation claims when an appeal is filed.
- All appeals will now be reviewed by an internal review specialist that will contact you to ensure they have a good understanding of your disagreement with the claim decision.
- The IRO’s main purpose is to improve client service at WorksafeNB
At least one in four New Brunswick members told CFIB that workers compensation is a serious concern for their business operations.
In our research report A Small Business Assessment of Worker’s Compensation, CFIB identified both claims management and customer service as areas for improvement of WorksafeNB. In our recommendations we suggested that WorksafeNB take steps to improve the professionalism and fairness in the claims process and to ensure their staff are trained and knowledgeable about the needs and realities of small businesses. We are pleased that WorksafeNB has made progress towards these recommendations and implemented service improvements for businesses.