Part 11 of the Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Regulationrequires every workplace to have written measures in place to prevent and address violence.
- Attempted or actual exercise of physical force against a person
- Threatening statements or behavior that gives someone reason to believe physical force will be used against them
Develop your policy in consultation with your:
- Safety and Health Committee (if you have more than 20 workers)
- Worker Representative (if you employ 5-19 workers), or
- Employees (if you have 4 or fewer workers)
Key steps include:
- Identify and assess the risk of violence
- Establish plans to eliminate or minimize the risk
- Outline how incidents will be reported and investigated
- Train all staff. As the employer, you need to ensure that everyone complies with the policy.
The template is easy to personalize and can help you save time. Once it is done, share it will all employees and post a copy in a prominent location.
Information is also available from SafeWork Manitoba's Guide.
CFIB’s Business Counsellors are available to help you understand Manitoba's Workplace Safety & Health requirements. CFIB members can call 1-888-234-2232 or email [email protected]. We look forward to helping you!
Not a member of CFIB yet? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.