Are you considering hiring international workers? The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program and the Association for New Canadians offer great resources that can help to guide you through the process.
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) can provide an alternative for entry into Canada. It allows Newfoundland and Labrador to nominate applicants who qualify under provincially established criteria for Permanent Resident Status. The NLPNP offers:
- a quicker immigration process for qualified skilled workers, international graduates and their families who wish to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador; and
- assistance from provincial program officers who are available to explain the program requirements and processes.
Further information and assistance on the Provincial Nominees Program can be found at www.nlpnp.ca or by telephone at 709-729-6607
Association for New Canadians
The Association for New Canadians is a non-profit organization providing settlement and integration services for immigrants and refugees. Through their Bridge-to-Work programs and the AXIS (Acquiring eXperience; Integrating Skills) program, ANC provides career-focused services and employment programs.
- AXIS (Acquiring eXperience, Integrating Skills) Career Services, the Employment and Training Division of the Association for New Canadians NL, has played a key role in helping to integrate internationally educated workers, trades persons, and entrepreneurs into the local labour market. The centre offers an array of customized communications training programs and services that provide newcomers an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and abilities and help employers identify and match skilled workers with their employment needs.
- AXIScareers.net, an online recruitment tool developed by AXIS, allows employers to post job openings, view client resumes, find information related to immigration, and access services available through AXIS Career Services.
- Internship Placement Program (IPP) gives employers the opportunity to host a skilled worker in a twelve week paid placement. This provides newcomers with Canadian work experience in their chosen profession along with the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities all while learning industry-specific language.
- Strategic Transitions and Employment Partnerships (STEP) gives businesses the opportunity to host a skilled worker for a minimum five week unpaid placement. Newcomers can demonstrate their knowledge and abilities, whilst gaining valuable experience, while employers can address a skills shortage.
For further information about AXIS career services and the Bridge-to-Work programs, please contact 709-579-1780.