Request an Employment Insurance Ruling for a relative working for you because:
- Your company and relative may be paying premiums unnecessarily
- Relatives may be deemed uninsurable because they are related to the owner
How to get an EI Ruling from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
- Read the helpful hints in “Employment Insurance: Are you paying too much”.
- Complete a Request for an EI Ruling, CPT1 form. (Must be sent in) and
- Complete a Request for a Refund form (PD24). (Must be sent in).
- Call CRA 1 800- 959- 5525 to find out what CRA office the forms should be faxed or mailed.
- An EI Ruling Officer will call and ask you and your relative questions to clarify how they are treated differently than a regular employee.
- Keep paying EI premiums until you get a ruling decision.
Post Date: September 27, 2013