Do you want to protect your company logo? The best way to do that is to register it as a trademark in the Canadian Intellectual Property Office. The following information is directly from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website:
- A trademark is a word(s), design, or a combination of these used to identify the products or services of a person or organization.
- Your trademark helps distinguish your products or services from others in the marketplace.
- A trademark registration provides evidence of ownership. In a dispute the registered owner does not have to prove ownership. Proof must be shown by the challenger.
- Trademarks are valid for 15 years in Canada. After 15 years they must be re-registered.
Register your trademark.
Do you want to protect your invention or intellectual property? The best way to do that is to apply for a patent in the Canadian Intellectual Property Office. The following information is directly from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website:
- A patent is a right granted, by government, to exclude others from making, using or selling your invention in Canada.
- The main function of the Patent Office is to receive and examine applications for patents and grant patents to qualifying applicants.
- You can use a patent to make a profit by selling it, licensing it or using it as an asset to negotiate funding.
Apply for your patent.