Throne Speech 2020: CFIB available to comment on behalf of small businesses | CFIB
Toronto, September 23, 2020 – The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) can speak to media about today’s Speech from the Throne on behalf of Canada’s small and medium-sized businesses.
Last week, CFIB released its list of priorities small business owners would like to see the federal government address in the Throne Speech. As small firms are very far away from an economic recovery, CFIB will be monitoring several key files closely, including:
- Renewing, fixing and expanding key government COVID-19 support programs for small business, such as CEBA and rent support
- Preparing economic supports in case of a second wave and a solid economic recovery plan
- Delaying planned 2021 tax hikes, such as CPP and the federal carbon tax
- Ensuring any non-emergency spending increases are kept to a minimum
- Putting permanent Employment Insurance changes on hold until after the pandemic
Dan Kelly (President), Corinne Pohlmann (Senior Vice-President, National Affairs) and Jasmin Guenette (Vice-President, National Affairs) will be available to speak to media about the Throne Speech.
For media inquiries or interviews, please contact:
Milena Stanoeva, CFIB
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses with 110,000 members across every industry and region. CFIB is dedicated to increasing business owners’ chances of success by driving policy change at all levels of government, providing expert advice and tools, and negotiating exclusive savings. Learn more at cfib.ca.