Protect your business from fraud
HomeFraud Research ReportCredit card fraudDirectory fraudInternal fraudHealth and safety fraud
Fraud Prevention: Take Action!
- Call a CFIB Business Counsellor at 1-888-234-2232 if you suspect a scam or fraud in your business and would like guidance and support
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question or share your opinion
- Follow us on twitter #BeFraudFree for information on fraud prevention
Despite the fact that about 20% of small businesses were victims of fraud over the past year, 44% did not report it to the authorities. Why?
- Concern about wasting additional time and resources trying to recover losses
- A lack of awareness as to where to report the fraud
- A feeling that police can’t help
Teporting fraud is important in order to measure its impact. Read CFIB's full report: Fraud—a big threat to small business.
Want to know more?
CFIB’s Business Counsellors hear plenty of stories from business owners about fraud attempts. Ever heard the one about the mystery shopper scam? You’ll be well-prepared to spot it once you read this blog.
For more accounts of fraud in a small business context, check out the following blogs:
CFIB's Business Counsellors are available to answer your questions. Contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-888-234-2232.
Not a member of CFIB yet? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.