Protect your business from fraud
HomeFraud Research ReportCredit card fraudDirectory fraudInternal fraudHealth and safety fraud
Fraud Prevention: Take Action!
- Call a CFIB Business Counsellor at 1-888-234-2232 if you suspect a scam or fraud in your business and would like guidance and support
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question or share your opinion
- Follow us on twitter #BeFraudFree for information on fraud prevention
Despite the fact that about 20% of small businesses were victims of fraud over the past year, 44% did not report it to the authorities. Why?
- Concern about wasting additional time and resources trying to recover losses
- A lack of awareness as to where to report the fraud
- A feeling that police can’t help
Reporting fraud is important in order to measure its impact. Read CFIB's full report: Fraud—a big threat to small business.
Want to know more?
CFIB’s Business Counsellors hear plenty of stories from business owners about fraud attempts. Ever heard the one about the mystery shopper scam? You’ll be well-prepared to spot it once you read this blog.
For more accounts of fraud in a small business context, check out the following blogs:
*new* Canada’s underground economy — are you contributing?
*new* Don’t let tabnapping or phishing leave you on the hook!
*new*Is someone stealing your refunds?
*new*Fraud is everyone’s business!
When good employees go bad: internal fraud
Fighting gift card fraud
What to do when you don’t have time to investigate employee theft
Protecting your business from a bad contract
Let’s hope your password didn’t make THIS list
Protecting online retailers from card-not-present fraud
When philanthropy goes wrong: fraudulent charities
Tax-related fraud: How to tell if it’s really the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) calling
Four easy (and free) tips to help fraud-proof your business
CFIB's Business Counsellors are available to answer your questions. Contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-888-234-2232.
Not a member of CFIB yet? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.