We have heard from small business owners describing how difficult this time has been, and we’ve made significant progress to alleviate your troubles. Here you'll find some of what we have successfully pushed the federal government to do, as well as what we are still asking to help businesses make it through the crisis.
For more details on gaps and recommendations for the COVID relief programs please refer to the following recent letters sent to government:
- Summary of gaps in the COVID programs
- CFIB Letter to Minister Freeland – CERS Gaps (December 2020)
- CFIB Letter to Minister Freeland – New businesses concerns (December 2020)
- CFIB Letter to Minister Lebouthillier – Tax deadline deferrals (January 2021)
- CFIB Letter to Minister Freeland – Additional CERS Gaps (February 2021)
- CFIB Letter to Minister Freeland – New businesses concerns (May 2021)
- CFIB Letter to Minister Freeland – Extending federal support programs for small businesses at current subsidy rate level
We’re dedicated to supporting your business through this difficult time by compiling answers to the most common COVID-19 questions and keeping you up to date on the latest relief measures from the provincial governments. Visit our COVID-19 Small Business Help Center to learn more.
Watch our COVID-19 webinars
We host frequent COVID-19 webinars aimed at helping your business cope with the ongoing pandemic. We also partner with other organizations to cover a variety of topics useful to you.
Join the fight for more relief
We know your business needs more help from government if it's going to survive the COVID-19 pandemic. Sign our petition to join CFIB and business owners across Canada in the fight for greater relief.
How are Canada's businesses doing?
We're regularly surveying our members on the impact of COVID-19 on their business—and using the data to put more pressure on governments for greater relief measures.