Red Tape Awareness Week™ 2024 to focus on the affordability crisis and the cost of doing business
Toronto, January 23, 2024 - The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)’s Red Tape Awareness WeekTM is back from January 29 to February 2. This year’s focus will be on how reducing red tape can help mitigate the affordability crisis facing Canadians and small businesses and using red tape reduction as a means to address public policy challenges like health care and housing.
The 15th annual Red Tape Awareness Week lineup includes:
- Monday, January 29: A new report on municipal permitting with a challenge for governments to help address the housing shortage.
- Tuesday, January 30: The award no one wants to win, the Paper Weight “Award” for the most burdensome red tape of the year, is announced.
- Wednesday, January 31: CFIB’s annual Red Tape Report Card grades provincial and federal governments on their regulatory burden and red tape reduction efforts.
- Thursday, February 1: An update on last year’s report - “Patients before Paperwork” – and red tape challenge to governments to reduce the administrative burden on physicians.
- Friday, February 2: The Golden Scissors Award winners are announced.
CFIB launched Red Tape Awareness Week 15 years ago to raise public awareness about how excessive red tape affects business owners and Canadians, and to challenge governments across the country to reduce their regulatory burdens.
This year’s Red Tape Awareness Week is presented in partnership with Intuit QuickBooks.
To learn more visit: cfib.ca/redtape.
For media enquiries or interviews, please contact:
Dariya Baiguzhiyeva, CFIB
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is Canada’s largest association of small and medium-sized businesses with 97,000 members across every industry and region. CFIB is dedicated to increasing business owners’ chances of success by driving policy change at all levels of government, providing expert advice and tools, and negotiating exclusive savings. Learn more at cfib.ca.