Reach your financial goals with a Small Business Advisor
Maximize your savings with Scotiabank and Chase
Small business banking: Reduce your monthly fee Show more Show less
CFIB members receive discounts on the standard monthly fees for the account plans listed below, as well as a free Cheque Essentials Kit when opening a new account.
- Save the $6 monthly base fee on the Right Size Account for business.
- Receive 20% off the Select Account Plan for business.
- Get 20% off a Scotia One Account Plan for agriculture.
- Sign up for the Agriculture Switch Incentive program. The program includes an incentive amount to reimburse your legal/appraisal costs of up to 0.5% of new funds or global limit to a maximum of $5,000 on the following products:
- Scotia Farm Mortgage Loan
- Scotia Farm Legacy Mortgage
- Scotia Flex® for Agriculture
Small business borrowing: Enjoy preferred rates Show more Show less
CFIB members receive preferred rates or waived application fees on the following credit products:
- Scotiabank waives their regular loan application fees for CFIB members on Credit Lines for business, Term Loans for business, Credit Lines for agriculture, and Term Loans for agriculture.1
- Save 20% on credit line and overdraft protection monthly fees.2
- Enjoy a 0.5% rate reduction on term loans and credit lines.3
- Get 6 months at Prime4 on a new ScotiaLine® for business VISA card.5
Banking for professionals: Save 20%
CFIB members receive a 20% discount on the standard monthly fees of a Scotia Professional® Credit Line or Scotia Professional® Overdraft Protection.
Commercial banking: Receive 20% off Show more Show less
If your annual revenue is $15 million or more - or you have borrowing requirements of more than $500,000 – you may be eligible for Scotiabank’s Commercial Banking services.
- Save 20% on your commercial banking monthly account and transaction fees.
- Receive up to 1% cash back on business expenses charged to your VISA* Business Card.
- Earn GIC-like returns on your surplus balances at no extra charge when you add a Treasury Account.
Personal banking: Save on bank accounts, mortgages and more
Electronic banking: 20% off monthly fees
ScotiaConnect® electronic banking is more than online banking. It’s for businesses of every size that require more sophisticated online cash management. CFIB members receive a 20% discount on the standard monthly fees for any ScotiaConnect plan of $9.95 and more.9
Footnotes Show more Show less
1Not applicable to government guaranteed loans under CSBFA and FIMCLA. Subject to credit approval and security provided. Interest charges apply. 2A business account at Scotiabank is required. Subject to credit approval and security must be provided. Interest charges apply. 3Subject to credit approval and security must be provided. Interest charges apply. For credit lines, a business account at Scotiabank is required. Not applicable to government guaranteed loans under CSBFA and FIMCLA. Final rates cannot be below Scotiabank Prime. Prime rate subject to change. 4Scotiabank Prime refers to the Prime Lending Rate of The Bank of Nova Scotia as published from time to time. Scotiabank Prime Rate as of September 7, 2017 is 3.20% and is subject to change. 5Subject to credit approval and security provided. Interest charges apply. After 6 months, the interest rate will increase to the prevailing interest rate (as low as prime +2.49%, on an unsecured basis, effective November 1, 2013), less the 0.50% CFIB discount. Subject to change. 6Subject to credit approval and security provided. Interest charges apply. 7Subject to meeting Scotiabank and its insurers’ lending criteria. Minimum 1% discount is in comparison to regular posted rates, applies only to 5 and 7-year terms and cannot be combined with any special offer. Offer may vary without notice. 8Credit products are subject to credit approval and security provided (if applicable). Interest charges apply to them. For GICs the interest rate is compounded annually and paid annually or at maturity. The GIC bonus cannot be combined with any other offer including special rate offers and is only available on 1 year Cashable GICs and non-redeemable GICs with terms of 1 to 5 years with a $1,000 minimum investment. This GIC offer may be discontinued at any time without notice (excluding RESPs). 9 Businesses with annual revenue over $15,000,000 or with borrowing needs over $500,000 are defined as commercial banking clients by Scotiabank. ScotiaConnect® is available to commercial banking clients, but the 20% discount does not apply. For commercial banking, pricing on these products varies per business and is negotiated on a case by case basis. Commercial banking clients should contact their relationship manager.