Floods are the most frequent natural hazard in Canada. No matter where your business is located, flooding of some sort is almost always a possibility. By taking the following proactive steps, you can minimize the potential damage to your business.
- 10 Ways to prepare your business for a flood is a Northbridge Insurance publication on preventative and precautionary measures to safeguard your property
- Emergency preparedness: the five things you need to do is a CFIB article providing information on preparing for all kinds of emergencies.
- Flood Ready is a Government of Canada initiative which focuses on flood readiness
- A Guide to Business Continuity Planning is a Public Safety Canada publication which provides general guidelines for business continuity planning (BCP)
- Government of Canada offers taxpayer relief to Canadians affected by flooding
The Government of Canada recognizes the difficulties faced by Canadians affected by recent flooding across the country and is committed to help reduce their burden
It is nearly impossible to completely flood-proof a business, but appropriate preparation and planning can lower your business' risk of damage and reduce business interruptions.
If you have questions about flood mitigation options for your area, please contact your CFIB counsellor.