What you need to know when employees are telecommuting!
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear ground rules, procedures and protocols to ensure that telecommuting work is carried out safely and in compliance with OHS laws and other applicable regulations and standards.
Determining positions that are appropriate for telecommuting
Employee qualities that are appropriate for telecommuting
In making decisions about which employees are designated or approved for telecommuting, managers will review the work qualities of employees, in addition to ensuring that their positions are appropriate for telecommuting. Generally, employees who are successful in telecommuting:
- Can work productively on their own.
- Are self-motivated and flexible.
- Are knowledgeable about the job.
- Are dependable and trustworthy.
- Have a really good performance record.
- Are well organized.
- Have good communication skills.
Here are 6 ways you can keep your team productive while they are working from home or in the field:
- Equip your team with tech and productivity tools.
- Establish daily check-ins.
- Encourage dedicated workspaces.
- Provide emotional and steady support.
- Dress for success.
- Don't forget about non-work interactions and team building.
Are you working from home and feeling lonely? Here are 7 tips to avoid loneliness:
- Connect with like-minded people online
- Create lunchtime conversations from your home office
- Talk about more than just work with co-workers
- Call you mom
- Don't forgot to move around
- Take those breaks; grab a coffee, take a 5 minute walk, get some fresh air
- Make after work plans
10 Benefits of working from home:
- Better work/life balance
- There is no commute. Not having a long commute to and from work can save a great deal of time and money
- Location independence
- Saving money
- Positive environmental impact
- Impact on sustainability
- A customizable office
- Your day is often less stressful
- There is greater flexibility
- You can reduce distractions
Remember – Working from home is tax deductible:
Check out the government website for expenses allowable and what forms are needed
CFIB has a template to help you through the process!
If you have questions about this template, contact CFIB Business Resources at 1-888-234-2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org