Thinking of hiring a co-op student? Your business could benefit! | CFIB
Your business can benefit by:
- Accessing a pool of highly skilled and qualified individuals
- Reducing your recruitment and training costs
- Filling temporary or short-term staffing
- Developing and training your future employees
- Building your company’s reputation as a leader in your sector
- Gaining fresh ideas from the students
Placements are typically four month terms, depending on the discipline, and begin in May, September, and January.
Employers hiring co-op students and graduates may be eligible for up to $5,000 per student from the Paid Work Experience Tax Credits.
Co-op programs are offered in many disciplines:
- University of Manitoba:
Agriculture and Food Sciences,
Environmental Studies and Sciences, Physical Geography,
- University of Winnipeg:
- Red River College:
Business Information Technology, Chemical and Biosciences Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Greenspace Management, Hospitality, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Technical Communications, Cabinetry and Woodworking Technology
- Canadian Mennonite University:
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology:
Applied Business, Human Services, Design and Manufacturing Technologies, Information and Communication Technology, Health Care, Skilled Trades
Your journey in hiring a co-op student starts by visiting the above hyperlinks.
CFIB’s Business Advisors are available to answer CFIB members’ questions. Call 1-833-568-2342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.