Understand employment regulations in Québec | CFIB
Are you a new business owner?
If so, your first step is to figure out whether your business is federally or provincially regulated. Almost 90% of businesses are regulated provincially, but if your business falls under the federal jurisdiction you should refer to the Canadian Labour Code.
Do these questions sound familiar? We can help!
- What is the minimum wage?
- How do I pay my staff for paid statutory holidays?
- How do I calculate my employee overtime?
- Who is entitled to annual leave?
- What are the leaves of absence allowed for family-related events?
- Am I required to provide a coffee break?
- Do I have to pay for my employee's uniform?
- What steps must I take to terminate an employee?
Confused about how these regulations apply to your business?
Our Business Counsellors will be happy to assist with your queries about staffing regulations