Experiencing issues with a federal contract?
The Office of the Procurement Ombudsman helps suppliers who are experiencing issues in supplying goods and services to the Federal Government.
- If you are experiencing difficulty with the administration of your contract regardless of dollar value… call OPO.
- If you have concerns regarding the award of contracts below $25,000 (for goods) and $100,000 (for services)… Get in touch with OPO.
- OPO looks into these types of issues in an unbiased, timely and independent manner.
- OPO will ask for your permission before contacting the department with which you are having issues.
- In certain circumstances, OPO can recommend departments pay you compensation- both for lost profit and the cost of submitting your bid.
OPO facilitates contract disputes both informally and through an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service that is:
- Available to you at no cost;
- Voluntary and at mutual consent of both parties to the contract;
- Confidential and without prejudice.
- OPO does not have the authority to impose a settlement or resolution but will help you and the government department reach a mutually satisfactory solution (that is confidential and legally binding).
If you’d like to more information or need to discuss a contract issue, you can contact the OPO :
340 Albert St., 11th Floor, Suite 1150
Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7Y6
- By phone toll-free number 1-866-734-5169
CFIB's Business Counsellors are available to answer your questions. Contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-234-2232.
Not a member of CFIB? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.