BC Employment Standards
The Employment Standards Branch administers the Employment Standards Act and Regulation, which set minimum standards of wages and working conditions in most workplaces.
The purposes of the Act are:
- To ensure that employees in BC receive at least basic standards of compensation and conditions of employment;
- To promote the fair treatment of employees and employers;
- To encourage open communication between employers and employees;
- To provide fair and efficient procedures for resolving disputes over the application and interpretation of the Act;
- To foster the development of a productive and efficient labour force that can contribute fully to the prosperity of BC;
- To contribute in assisting employees to meet work and family responsibilities.
For general inquiries, contact the Employment Standards Branch Information Line at 1-800-663-3316 (toll-free in British Columbia). You can also contact your CFIB Business Counsellor anytime at 1-888-234-2232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.