Recognizing your employees during the holidays
The upcoming holiday season is a wonderful but busy time of year. Employers should not miss the chance to celebrate the year’s achievements by recognizing the tremendous efforts of their employees.
The holidays are a great time to show your employees how much they are valued.
Here is what other small businesses like yours are doing to reward their employees during this special season:
- Time off – Allow employees time off to attend holiday concerts or a half day for shopping.
- Flexible work schedules – Provide employees with the opportunity to move their schedules around.
- Banking hours* – Allow employees to bank hours for use during the holidays, or a time of their choice at a later date.
- Staff/Family Luncheon – Plan a company luncheon to celebrate the season and build team morale in a “non-work” environment
- Gift Certificates/Cards – Consider providing gift certificates/cards from a local, independent business in appreciation to employees during the festive season.
- Personalized Notes – If resources don’t allow for the options above, just saying “Thank you” in a personalized note of appreciation can go a long way in letting your employees know how much you appreciate their hard work throughout the year.
CFIB surveys reveal that flexibility in the workplace results in better relationships with employees, higher employee job satisfaction, higher employee retention, fewer work absences, and increased productivity. Fostering a positive relationship with your employees is a win-win!
*Note: Not all jurisdictions permit banking of hours. Please check with your Business Counsellor.
Have any questions?
CFIB's Business Counsellors are available to answer your questions. Contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1–888–234–2232.
Not a member? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.