Personal banking for owners and employees
HomeSmall business & agricultureProfessionalsCommercial
Owners of CFIB member businesses as well as their employees can take advantage of personal banking services at preferred conditions.
|New clients receive:|
- First 12 months free on the following accounts:
- Basic Banking Account
- Basic Banking plan
- Scotia One Account
- First 6 months free on the Scotiabank® Momentum Chequing Account
- First order of personalized cheques free on any new personal chequing account
- First year free of a new rental of any small size safety deposit box (subject to availability)
Business owners prefering both their business and personal banking in a single package should instead choose the ScotiaOne Account Plan for business.
Notes: Offer available when you open a new personal day-to-day banking account and use the free Scotia Simple Switch Program to transfer at least one pre-authorized transaction from your account at another financial institution to Scotiabank. Free banking means that Scotiabank waives your Monthly Account Fee only. All other fees not covered by your banking package continue to apply, including additional debit transaction, fees charged by other financial institutions and access fees to use non-Scotiabank banking machines (e.g. Interac, Visa* or PLUS* fees). Cardholder service fees continue to apply for using cross border debit service. Please see the Day-to-Day Banking Companion Booklet for further details about these services and fees.
- Best customer rate on any fixed-rate closed-term mortgage. No matter the length of the term, owners of CFIB member businesses as well as their employees receive the rates offered to Scotiabank’s best customers.
- On 5 and 7-year terms, this represents a guaranteed minimum discount of 1%.
- Offer also includes the Scotia® Mortgage for Self-Employed.
Notes: Subject to meeting Scotiabank and its insurers’ lending criteria. Minimum 1% discount is in comparison to regular posted rates, applies only to 5 and 7-year terms and cannot be combined with any special offer. Offer may vary without notice.
|+||Personal Lines of Credit, Loans and GICs|
- 0.5% discount off the standard interest rate for a new unsecured ScotiaLine® Personal Line of Credit
- 0.5% discount off the standard interest rate for a Scotia Plan® Loan in excess of $5,000.
- Bonus of 0.5% above posted rates on GICs within registered and nonregistered portfolios.
Notes: Credit products are subject to credit approval and security provided (if applicable). Interest charges apply to them. For GICs the interest rate is compounded annually and paid annually or at maturity. The GIC bonus cannot be combined with any other offer including special rate offers and is only available on 1 year Cashable GICs and non-redeemable GICs with terms of 1 to 5 years with a $1,000 minimum investment. This GIC offer may be discontinued at any time without notice (excluding RESPs).
® Registered trademarks of the Bank of Nova Scotia
* VISA Int./Lic. User of The Bank of Nova Scotia