Small business weighs in on federal budget
With election looming, CFIB lays out small business platform for all parties
In advance of the 2015 federal budget, CFIB presented recommendations on behalf of Canada’s small business community. With the possibility of a budget surplus, the federal government is in a good position to invest in small business-friendly measures, such as:
- Reduce the small business corporate tax rate from 11 to 9 per cent.
- Reduce the overall burden of payroll taxes by:
- Lowering EI rates as soon as the EI account reaches the break-even rate; and,
- Retaining the Small Business Job Credit beyond 2016 in the form of a training tax credit;
- Continue to address red tape by setting a "20% in 3 years" reduction target.
As we approach budget day, and with an election looming, CFIB continues to meet with all federal parties to push for policies that support small businesses and create jobs.