Apply for up to $10,000 per employee for training from the Canada-Yukon Job Grant | CFIB
The Canada-Yukon Job Grant (CJG) is a program administered by Labour Market Programs and Services, Yukon Education as part of the Canada-Yukon Job Fund. The program is intended to provide employers with funding support to train existing or potential staff for specific, existing or projected positions in the labour market. Eligible employers are required to contribute a minimum of one-third of the total training costs. Government contributes two-thirds of the cost to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee.
This program meets the following goals of the Labour Market Framework:
From the Comprehensive Skills and Trades Training Strategy:
1. To ensure training opportunities are available for all Yukon people to adapt effectively and efficiently to changing skills, knowledge, and abilities.
2. To facilitate and improve learning and employment transitions.
For the purposes of applying for Canada-Yukon Job Grant funding, employers decide who obtains training, what training is required and which third-party trainer will deliver the training. Training under 52-weeks is preferred.
Training must be provided by an eligible third-party trainer which may include:
- Post-secondary institutions;
- Private vocational institutions;
- Sector councils or industry associations; and
- Union halls.
Yukon Education has developed the Workfutures website which highlights the top 100 in-demand jobs in Yukon. Applications for Canada-Yukon Job Grant funding that align with the top 100 in-demand Yukon jobs will be given priority.
Eligible recipients include individual employers and organizations acting on behalf of employers (e.g. employer consortia, union halls, industry associations and training coordinators), in the private and not-for-profit sectors. First Nation Governments and selected crown corporations are also eligible recipients.
Eligible Participants include all Canadian citizens and permanent residents who are:
1. Unemployed individuals who need training to obtain a job;
2. Employed individuals who need training for a new job, including a promotion
3. Employed individuals who need training to increase capability in current job.
Where can I learn more? How do I apply?
Guidelines are available at: Canada-Yukon Job Grant. Limited funding is remaining for fiscal year 2016-2017 for this highly-subscribed funding program. Please contact the Advanced Education Branch at 867-667-5906 or toll free at 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your application.