Canada Ontario Job Grant – Get up to $10,000.00 for training costs | CFIB
What is the Canada Ontario Job Grant?
If you have ever had to train employees, you know how expensive it can be. With the Canada Ontario Job Grant you can get up to $10,000.00 per trainee with additional flexibility for small employers. Small employers (less than 100 employees) who are training and hiring unemployed individuals may be eligible for 100% funding up to $15,000.00 per trainee.
How much do I have to contribute?
Small employers (less than 100 employees) are required to make minimum one-sixth cash contributions toward eligible training costs. Large employers (more than 100 employees) are required to make minimum one-half cash contributions toward eligible training costs.
What kind of training is not covered by the grant?
- The ministry will not provide COJG funding to an employer for training the employer must provide according to law
- Product vendors are ineligible to deliver training on how to use the product or service.
- Executive training courses (specifically MBA, CFA)
- Preparatory training courses (specifically LSAT, MCAT,GMAT)
- Business Consulting services
- Attending conferences
- Business owners, including individuals with a controlling interest in corporations, are not eligible as trainees.
- Training requests for trainees who are in senior management positions with large organizations (over 500 employees) are ineligible for COJG funding.
- Trainees who are managers at small and medium employers (less than 500 employees) are still eligible for COJG funding
- Senior Manager positions are defined by the 2016 National Occupational Code (NOC); the positions with NOC “00” Senior Management Occupations are ineligible.
- Training that exceeds one year in duration
How do I apply?
Here is the application form
If I have more questions?
If you have more questions please visit the Employment Ontario website.