When our members told CFIB they had trouble getting answers from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), or received conflicting answers from different CFIA inspectors and officials, CFIB called for service improvements.
CFIB is pleased that in response, the agency launched the ‘Ask CFIA’ website on June 30, 2016. This communication tool offers accurate and timely written answers to help business owners understand what compliance looks like for current regulatory requirements. The website offers:
- Access to plain language information and guidance documents to help you understand CFIA regulations that apply to your business.
- One point of entry where you can ask questions online.
- Clear, consistent written answers to your questions, including a reference number to track your inquiry.
This tool is currently available to these industries:
- Fish and seafood
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Processed products (fruit and vegetable)
- Egg and egg products
- Honey, and
- Maple products
In the future ‘Ask CFIA’ will expand to include all industry sectors.
To ask the CFIA a question, click here.