The Newfoundland and Labrador Student Summer Employment Program (SSEP) is a wage subsidy program to help you create employment for students who will start or return to post-secondary education within the next year, and who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency business number.
- If incorporated, be in good standing with the Registry of Companies.
- Have an office/location in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Submit activity and financial reports, and a copy of the payroll for the student, within 30 calendar days of the agreement end date.
Changes due to COVID-19
To respond to the needs of employers and youth, temporary changes have been implemented for 2022:
- Employers will be eligible to receive a subsidy of 60% of the student's hourly wage up to a maximum of $13.20 per hour.
- Part-time positions will be considered for the program, if an employer is not able to provide full-time work.
- The subsidy can be for five to twelve weeks duration.
- Employees can work up to 40 hours per week.
- Employment must end on our before September 6, 2022.
The deadline for applications is noon on April 5, 2022.
For more information on the program and details on applying please visit the Student Summer Employment Program (Post-Secondary) website.