WCB of SK Employer Annual Payroll Estimate due February 28 | CFIB
Every year, all employers registered with Workers' Compensation Board of Saskatchewan (WCB) must complete an Employer's Payroll Estimate (EPS) by February 28. An EPS is used to report your company's actual wages for the previous year and to provide an estimate for the upcoming year so that the WCB can assess your premiums.
Note: EPS must be submitted even if you have closed or sold your business, do not have workers, or do not want WCB coverage.
- Report your actual gross payroll for the previous year. WCB will compare the actual payroll with the estimate your business provided the year before and make any adjustments.
- Give an estimate of your gross payroll for the current year, up to the maximum assessable wage per worker.
- List all the contractors you hired during the previous year, including detailed information on contract amounts and the type of work completed.
If you file your EPS after the February 28 deadline, you will be charged a penalty and you will not be eligible for an Experience Rate discount.
WCB has gone paperless. There are two ways to file your EPS online:
- Fast File EPS – You can submit your EPS online without any special registration process. Anyone who has the access code and firm number found on the form we sent to you can submit the EPS using Fast File. Fast File your EPS now or learn more from the FAQs about Fast File EPS.
- WCB Online Account – Employers who have set up an online account can send their EPS through this service. Log in now.
Mark your calendar to periodically review your payroll throughout the year (e.g. in May and December) . If your payroll estimate is inaccurate, you can revise your payroll estimate at any time. Updating your payroll data can help avoid penalties from inaccurate reporting.
Need help from WCB's Employer Resource Centre? Call 1-800-667-7590 or send an email to email@example.com.
CFIB’s Business Resources team is also available to assist companies that are members of CFIB. Contact us at 1-833-568-2342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.