Are you a new business owner? If so, your first step is to figure out whether your business is federally or provincially regulated. If, like almost 90% of businesses, your company is regulated provincially, check out the guidelines and fact sheets available through your provincial or territorial ministry of labour. Better yet, call our Business Counsellors toll free at 1-888-234-2232 for timely answers to your questions.
Do these questions sound familiar? We can help!
- What is the minimum wage in my province?
- Which deductions do I make from employee earnings?
- Is Remembrance Day a paid public holiday?
- How do I pay employees for public holidays?
- What are the mandatory food and rest breaks for employees?
- How do I calculate vacation pay?
- What steps must I take to terminate an employee?
Confused about how these regulations apply to your business? Help is just a call away! Dial 1-888-234-2232 and our Business Counsellors will be happy to assist with your queries about staffing regulations.