Skip to main content

YWCHSB Yukon employer annual payroll estimate due February 28th

Every year, all employers registered with Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (YWCHSB) must complete an Employers Payroll Report. 

Every December, YWCHSB prints a copy of the Employer Payroll Return, or EPR, specifically for each registered employer and sends those forms directly to the mailing addresses that they have on file for employers.

So if you're an employer who is registered with YWCHSB, you should have received your copy of the form by the end of December.

However, if you haven't received it, or if you misplaced it, you can request a new copy. Call (867) 667-5645 or send an email to [email protected] and ask for one.

Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board will multiply your payroll estimate by your firm’s premium rate to determine your premium.

Information needed to complete your Annual Payroll Estimate includes:

  • 2016 financial records, T-4 and/or T-4A summaries
  • Records of amounts paid for regular, contract or casual labour in 2016
  • Other records you need to estimate your 2017 payroll
  • YWCHSB Account Number
  • Date your workers were (or will be) hired

Employers who choose to submit the form on March 1 and beyond will be fined.

Mark your calendar to periodically review your payroll throughout the year. Employers must revise their estimate when it no longer reflects the amount they expect to pay to workers for the year. Whether adjusting for an increase or a decrease in payroll compared to the estimated amount, notifying YWCHSB allows for an adjustment to your account to appropriately reflect your coverage.

For more information phone: (867) 667-5645;Toll-free across Canada: (800) 661-0443; Fax: (867) 393-6279; Email: [email protected]; Address: 401 Strickland Street Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 5N8 (Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)

Related Documents