Small Business Certificate Programs
CFIB, in partnership with a powerful coalition of organizations, is pooling its resources to bring new learning opportunities to the small business community.
We are proud to offer you access to excellent online Certificate programs—accredited by Athabasca University—through our e-learning partner at only $69 per seat, for any one of the four certificate programs.
Don't forget that through your business’ CFIB membership, you can also allow your employees to consistently and reliably achieve certificates of completion in their own name because they have a unique profile on the system.
|+||Small Business Health and Safety Certificate|
This comprehensive program provides managers, supervisors and workplace health and safety champions with an in-depth understanding of health and safety in Canada. The program includes 21 hours of online training in 11 courses, each with an exam. These courses were developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS). Course outline:
- Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors
- Workplace Inspections
- Accident Investigation
- Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program
- Violence in the Workplace: Establish a Prevention Program
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Committees
- WHMIS for Managers and Supervisors
- Office Ergonomics
- Manual Materials Handling
- MusculoSkeletal Disorders (MSDs) Prevention
|+||Small Business Human Resources Certificate|
This unique Human Resources Certificate program offers 25 hours of online learning, addressing key topics such as recruitment, staff compensation and benefits, leadership, performance development and team building, to name a few. Course outline:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Training and Development
- Employee Relations
|+||Small Business Management Certificate|
This Certificate Program was created to provide small- and medium-sized businesses easy-to-access online training to enhance and expand their business skills, knowledge and expertise. It provides small and-medium-sized enterprises 20 hours of online training to enhance and expand business skills, knowledge and expertise. Course outline:
- Focus on the Basics: Basic Business Finance & Marketing Basics
- Focus on the Customer: Marketing & Customer Service
- Focus on Management: Strategic Management & Management of Information and Operations
- Focus on Business Issues: Privacy, Going Global & Series on Work Skills
|+||Small Business Sales and Marketing Certificate|
This 20.5 hours program is unique in that it offers a wide scope of information, ranging from Internet basics to both fundamental and complex marketing concepts, teaching you how to properly research and target your e-marketing initiatives. It addresses selling and communication techniques to help grow your prospect base and teach you how to sustain and improve your valuable customer relationships. You will also learn about commonly-used Social Media platforms and the significance of each in a marketing context.
- Personal Skills Development