Canada Summer Jobs 2017 - deadline extended to February 3
Thinking about hiring a student this summer? Canada Summer Jobs can help! Canada Summer Jobs 2017 is a wage subsidy program to help employers create summer jobs for students between 15 and 30 years of age who will return to school on a full-time basis in the fall.
This year, Canada Summer Jobs will focus on applications that complement five national priorities, including:
- employers involved in the welcome and settlement of immigrants (including Syrian refugees) in Canada;
- employers that hire Indigenous people;
- employers providing opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information and Communications Technology (ICT);
- employers involved in activities celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation; and
- small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of new jobs.
If your business has 50 or fewer full-time employees, you are eligible. Your job opportunity must:
- Support local priorities (e.g. special events, rural or remote locations, areas of high unemployment, or sectors such as tourism and agriculture)
- Provide the student with career-related experience
- Include employer supervision and mentoring
Applications will be accepted up until February 3, 2017. To learn more and access the application guide and form, visit Canada Summer Jobs 2017.
Still have questions?
CFIB's Business Counsellors are available to answer your questions. Contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1-888-234-2232.
Not a member of CFIB yet? JOIN CFIB today for more help and information.