With the strength of over 109,000 small business owners from coast-to-coast – entrepreneurs just like you – the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is the big voice for small businesses. For over 40 years, we have represented the interests of the small business community to all three levels of government in their fight for tax fairness, reasonable labour laws and reduction of regulatory paper burden.
We have our finger on the pulse of any issues affecting the full range of enterprises in Canada, from one-person, home-based businesses to firms employing hundreds of people. Through regular polling of our membership, we are privy to an up-to-date, firsthand perspective regarding the state of the economy, as well as their feedback concerning what changes need to be made to government policies.
Member benefits and savings
Our Business Counsellors understand the needs of our members. Every province has knowledgeable counsellors who can provide answers to your business related questions and help troubleshoot a variety of issues affecting your company.
Privilege Programs includes reduced-fee programs with affiliated partners for credit and debit card payment processing, banking, telecommunications and other services that can help you save time and money.
Our top national victories
- Introducing a special federal small business corporate tax threshold and then expanding it to every province
- Increasing the Small Business Corporate Tax threshold to $500,000
- Increasing the Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption to $813,600
- Influencing the federal government to commit to the reduction of paper burden by 20 per cent
- Reducing Employment Insurance (EI) premiums since 1994
- Defeating the proposed mergers of four of Canada's chartered banks