LabourWatch.com: A balanced resource on labour relations
To support our work in the area of balanced labour laws, we are proud to be a member of the Canadian Labour Watch Association. Labour Watch was founded in 2000, with a mandate to provide employees with information not readily available to them, including how to exercise their Charter rights to either join or reject a union.
LabourWatch.com provides practical information and links to information on:
- Unions for employees who want to become or remain unionized.
- How to cancel a Union card during a Union-organizing campaign.
- How to decertify a Union.
- How to file an Unfair Labour Practices complaint against a union.
- Unions, Labour Boards and Union reform websites.
- News via the Internet on emerging developments in labour relations
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week - no passwords, no fees.
- Information in a question and answer format in the FAQ's.
Employers will find general information on and links to:
- Certification and decertification drives.
- How to avoid legal problems that might prevent employees from stopping a union drive or a decertification effort (because a Labour Board may find employer conduct unlawful).
Members are strongly encouraged to use this resource in consultation with their labour relations lawyer. This service is not intended to replace a lawyer or a labour relations expert, who can provide information specific to an employer's situation.
For any questions about LabourWatch.com please contact your Business Counsellor at 1-888-234-2232.