CC: The Hon. Jeremy Harrison, Minister of Immigration and Career Training
CC: My Member of Parliament
Despite all our efforts, businesses like mine are struggling to find employees. It’s killing our ability to grow, serve customers, meet deadlines, and generate sales. It’s a major roadblock to our recovery!
I need your government to take action to help tackle labour shortages by:
- Working with the federal government to improve and streamline the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) to ensure applications are processed in a timely manner.
- Enhancing Saskatchewan’s settlement, integration and FCR programs and services for all newcomers (to encourage labour market attachment, improve foreign qualification recognition and bolster immigrant retention).
- Encouraging Work Integrated Learning (WIL) programs in universities and colleges (such as co-op programs and internships) to help correct the mismatch between labour market needs and the qualifications of unemployed individuals.
- Being more proactive and competitive in recruiting international students and skilled workers from overseas.
- Ensuring government programs don’t create disincentives to work.
- Stimulating automation through programs or tax credits.